Thursday, June 19, 2008

Optimism....

OPTIMISM
Since the day I have started understanding life, the people around me, there are two words that I've heard almost every day in my life; OPTIMISM and PESSIMISM...."He is quite Optimistic" or "Oh My God he is so Pessimistic' are two sentences that are so casually used these days.See even I am using these two words without even explaining what these are actually.......Who is an OPTIMIST?????A person who sees positive in everything around him..Opposite to optimist is PESSIMIST....one who can only have negative approach towards life....
Since childhood I've seen one example that is used widely to make us understand these two words.If there is a glass of water in front of you that is half filled...there are two ways to see it. An Optimist will always see as half filled whereas a Pessimist will always see it as half empty...Similar can be applied in our life also...One will say that I've achieved something in my life and will achieve more and believe me he will do that also..whereas the other one will say that what I've achieved in so much time of my life and what the hell I'll achieve further......These are two different approaches to see your life and I don't think that I need to mention what is the perspective of an Optimist and what is that of Pessimist....
I have always believed that one who is optimistic knows how to live life and how to enjoy every moment and thus have beautiful memories of past and a colourful vision of future..whereas for the other one, he knows not muc of happiness as he was always successful in finding faults in everything & visualising dark and blurred future....
I can't say that an optimist has never thought negatively in his life..We all are humans, we have tendency to get shaken by challenges and obstacles in life..but why not try to find something good in that bad phase of life..Might be its making us strong to face bigger problems in future..This is the vision of an Optimist....This is the strength of Optimism..
We all get influenced by the movies and books very easily..This is what happened with me also..Once I've seen a movie that has left a huge impression on my mind..The movie was "Life is Beautiful". The name itself suggests the motive behind making that movie...See it and understand life is beautiful....enjoy its beauty..The movie is based on the life of a young 'Jew" man who because of his positive approach was able to save his son from the gruelling concentration camp..He along with his wife and 5 yrs old son was send to a concentration camp..The man instils in his child the courage to survive in the concentration camp..He always tells his child that its a game in which the winner will win a ride in a real war tank...Throughout the time spend in the concentration camp not even once a sign of tension seen on the face of the man because he wanted his son to live happily and by being an optimist in fighting in life..In the end the man dies but he is able to save his child and in the end the child rides on an american tank and he believed what is father has told him...The man never broke and he never let his child broke down by just instilling optimism in his child..and this was the optimism of the man that won in saving his child from the mental pressure of staying in a concentration camp...
This is the power of Optimism......It can create wonders..It can make impossible possible.....As we know even the word itself says I M POSSIBLE....This is the power of optimism of making everything possible......So just be Positive in Life and enjoy it to its Fullest........

No comments: